Tuesday, October 2, 2007

happy october



can you believe that its october??!! that's insanity. i feel like this summer flew by but maybe that's because i had a baby....i spent my summer learning how to change diapers, calm a screaming kid, and sing silly songs (something that i am personally not good at...my latest is "let me ride that donkey, donkey"...which is in turn a rap song...but she knows no difference).

now that i am a new mother, i feel like i have to fully get into halloween...does that mean that i now have to decorate my house w/ cobwebs and spooky ghost and witches? i mean, i am totally into christmas decor but i haven't ever been into halloween. well, besides the pumpkin that me and warren carve. we use to be awful at doing these...we would enjoy a 12-pack of beer and get out our best tj-maxx knife and some random soup spoon and go at the poor pumpkin. and let me tell you, what came out of that combo was quite hilarious.

however last year, we had a pumpkin party with our neighbors. my mom (who loves shopping the 75% off rack) had given up a "pumpkin carving kit" and the creation we made was definitely prize worthy. but this year, i want to create something beyond the jack-o-lantern face, or the spider, or the ghost...something a little "prettier" and more martha stewart. i love this idea of the house numbers (only my house has a lot of numbers so i am not sure it would look this cute)...i'll be sure to take a picture at this year's "2nd annual" pumpkin carving contest!

1 comment:

william said...

Aw, congratulations on becoming a new mom. Singing silly songs are a part of motherhood I must say. I hope you won the pumpkin carving contest!