Monday, February 25, 2008

see a penny pick it up.....







i am loving penny round tile!! i had a meeting fri to select the tile for the spec home i shared with y'all and we did this adorable tile in two of the bathrooms. i think it is a refreshing take on ceramic tile. it is definitely not limited to just ceramic- there are glass option, stainless steel, cork, etc. we are going w/ a coral/ gray palette in one of the baths and then a sky blue (pictured above) in the other- both will be flooring. i think this is something you will be seeing a lot more of.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

very pretty! we want to do white ceramic in our bathrooms

annechovie said...

I LOVE that tile, too. Very pretty and unique!

Brilliant Asylum said...

If I could redo a bathroom now, I might be tempted to use these cool tiles. There is something so refreshing (to borrow your term) about seeing rounded shapes in such a typically hard room.

pve design said...

A well rounded post.
Simply chic!

Living the life in The Little City said...

I'm in the midst of remodeling my house and I'm pretty sure that penny round tile will show up somewhere. I love it.

bluntobjekt said...

we just ordered a bunch of cobalt blue penny round tile for our kitchen backsplash. Not sure what we are going to do about the borders though? Do I need something with a lip to cover up the staggered edge? Or does it look ok to just leave the edge of the sheet exposed? Most of it will butt up against counters, cabinets, and windows, but the sides will be open. Border or no border?