Wednesday, October 15, 2008

add a little chalk to your kitchen.....










so this is probably the first of many series of images from my deco file. several of my kitchen pictures had chalkboards in them, so i thought i would share some cute ideas for kitchen creativity....i love the first two images from cottage living. the second pic is one of my all time favorite kitchens (read more about it here). i think it's the perfect combination of vintage in an updated kitchen. the third image is so cute w/ the sign letter added to the top (i love old letters so that one got me right away). and the last one just fits the space nicely....who doesn't need somewhere to write in the kitchen?? trade your notepad in for the wall....sounds fun to me and if you have children, they will think it's great to actually be able to write on the wall w/out getting in trouble!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it. my mom did this on the foldout doors to her laundry room.

Unknown said...

I love the idea of chalkboard's in one's kitchen. One of my friends had a chalkboard wall in the kitchen of her last house. She would always write a nice welcome message and the evening's menu on it when she'd have us over for dinner.

I really like the first image in your post.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I agree a chalkboard is so perfect for a kitchen.

Unknown said...

Love the idea of a chalkboard but they never really look clean once they've been used. I think that would drive me crazy. Then there is the pressure of always coming up with something cheeky and clever to write or draw on them, so much stress! - but I love the look.

McGee said...

I think this is such a great idea. I'd love to replace our pantry door and put in a new door with a chalkboard panel on it.

Anonymous said...

Ilove them all!!!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled onto your blog for the first time. I'm considering putting chalk board paint in the door panels of shaker style kitchen cabinets at our corporate offices. Your collection of photos convinced me to go for it. I especially love the BIG chalk board over the oven with garland.It makes the kitchens look warm, inviting and lived in. Perfect cottage look!