Wednesday, January 21, 2009

junk style







i feel like my home is surrounded w/ my treasured junk from yard sales, flea markets, thrift stores, etc. i love my junk...it makes me feel at home; that is why i love the book junk style market (which i happened to find while "junking" in brevard, nc). it's all about ways to reinvent flea market finds and has lots of fun eye candy in it (btw, colin when are you going to give me back that book??!)...and i just discovered that they also have a blog that shares diy projects like the ones pictured above.....

7 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love junk as well. I get my best finds for a local thrift shop and I'm so happy it's normally something that others don't have in their home.

I recently took a look at my living room and while I love the design of it all I feel like I'm missing some homey touches, junk as you say. I ventured out to the antique garage in nyc this weekend and came up empty handed. Hopefully I'll find some new pieces soon to add some character to the room.

Haven and Home said...

I must say I love my junk pieces too. I am excited to check out their blog, I am also going to try to find that book....

The Steel Magnolia House said...

Junk, junk, junk...One man's trash is another man's treasure. I love it! We would be such good shopping buddies!

Sharon said...

I have to say that little baby of yours below is too adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Very fun. Thanks for the link.

###### said...

Hey I soooooo agree...I am gonna order my mannequin form today!

Courtney said...

Oh, I love "junk!" Uncovering a treasure is the best feeling. Thanks for the link, I am going to have to check out their blog!